Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good morning on the lake. Water temp was 54-56, water is clear to lightly stained. Caught about 10 smallies, from 10-14". Nice fat fish, very dark color so they've been shallow for awhile. All my fish came on a senko off rocky points fairly shallow. Almost no wind until just after noon when I left. Not too many people on the lake-I fished out of my kayak and there was one guy launching his boat when I left. A few people fishing from shore.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a good time. Catching fish on a lake with hardly anyone else on it, doesn't get much better than that 8).

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention-there was some surface activity that seemed way too big for trout-got the impression is was more likely tiger muskies chasing those stockers to the suface. I had a few blow-ups close to my kayak that startled me. I have only seen hammer handle size muskies in here but with the stocking they've done over the years there must be some bigger ones.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Cool report kirbydog...isn't it great to have the whole lake to yourself! :)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
kirbydog said:
Forgot to mention-there was some surface activity that seemed way too big for trout-got the impression is was more likely tiger muskies chasing those stockers to the suface. I had a few blow-ups close to my kayak that startled me. I have only seen hammer handle size muskies in here but with the stocking they've done over the years there must be some bigger ones.
can anyone say buzzbait???? Nice report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts