Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Deweese today to find those 3-4lb Rainbows. What we found was rotten ice all around the shoreline.I finally got the balls to head out with the auger and do a safty check. Found 4" of safe ice 10 yds from the shoreline. The lake is 8' lower than same time last year.
The usual spots didnt fair as in the past. I hooked a 2lb + and lost him at the hole. Due to the 40 mph wind, it was difficult to fish even from the ice hut. When bro and I headed back to the truck, the shoreline was thawed! Top layer 1" was melted and the shoreline ice was gone.It was shallow enough that when your boot fell thru, it hit bottom 2 to 3" down.
We got loaded up and checked the west side of the lake and found open water. A few others braved the situation, near plenty of open shoreline exposure.see pics.Be safe out there!

Uploaded with

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanx for the update. Been wanting to get up there but everytime we think about it, there is another report of unsafe ice around the shore. First time and only time I fell through the ice was at DeWeese. Be Safe and tight lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts