Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
By making a simple phone call?

OK, so hooked up with Ninja and went to a lake where I've been killing the big girls every time out for the last 2 months. I could almost guarantee Ninja a good time.
BUT-
I made the mistake on Friday of calling someone I had not talked to in prolly 2 months.
We chatted a while and that was it. or so I thought!

Sure enough got there and instead of the usual breeze, dead calm. :p

Brutal.:p

Huck and huck some more- zilch. Not even bait would entice a nibble. Then the wind came and it was instant 40 mph whitecaps. Brutal-:p

So about 2pm the wind lets up little but the lake is turning over! Areas that were gin-clear now filled with green/ blue blobs that stuck to everything.:p

Ended up pulling a couple little bows outta my ass around 330pm on bait. Absolutely NOTHING on metal Ninja tried like 50 different lures of all kinds.:p

The only place where you can hide from the wind had a 3" thick mat of blue/green muck that you could nearly walk on. Much less fish thru it-:p

The person on the other end of the line was -you guessed it- ZMAN!

Could it be the Z curse?

I'll let you decide-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Not even bait would entice a nibble.

Ended up pulling a couple little bows outta my ass around 330pm on bait.
Bait! Now that is brutal! :eek: Every now and then, it happens to even the best of us. :p No Horsetooth?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Went up north a couple weeks ago and was dead calm all weekend. It was wierd. First time in the history of Wyoming. Should have gotten a lotto ticket.

Fishing sucked

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I've shut down a lot better fishermen than you!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahaha....

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Huck and suck some more- zilch
Maybe too much sucking and not enuf huckin?...Maybe u two should of tried the F rhyme?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
a wise polish philosopher one told me...

"thats why you call it fishing!"

lololololololololol

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Musta been real bad... ninja selling his stuff

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Wow, BRUTAL!!! Sucks when that stuff happens... Filthy Z and his earjizz....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Let no good deed go unpunished. That's what happens when you try to help a friend, there seems to be some reverse karma at work. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is tough. Good thing you had something up your azz. That place has handed me mine quite a few times. Glad that I went when I did...and it was slow. This week is brutal at work and I can't get away. A few more weeks and we will need the auger.

s

1 - 20 of 45 Posts