Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that the flood changed/washed out almost every stream and river on the east side the foothills (and close to the divide in spots) from south of Boulder to north past Fort Collins (including the Poudre Canyon). My friend couldn't use his toilet at his house for over a month and the bridge at the bottom of the street still has not been rebuilt.

I was thinking of fishing up there in mid september but not sure it's fishable

·
Registered
244 Posts
It messed up some things for a little while, but not so bad that it wouldn't be fishable now, 4 years later. Most everything is fine, and has been for a couple of years.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The Poudre is fishing great right now, and even though the Big Thompson was hit pretty hard, I've still caught a good number of fish on it, even in the lower canyon where the damage was most severe. I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The flood sure changed alot, but 4 years later things are much better. Many of the streams that I fish were heavily impacted by the flood. I had trouble finding any fish on one of my favorite pre-flood streams in 2015, but two years later it seems like things have been on the up and up. Get out there, go fishing!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've seen some fantastic fish pictures from the Tommy and Poudre all summer from friends that still live over there and fish both regularly. One says the Tommy is not what it was from Drake down, still good fish, just not the numbers. The Poudre hasn't changed according to them. Just more people; imagine that. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts