Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$1,461,000 is Dan Hawkins' base salary this year.

His result today was~

Missouri 26
Clolorado 0

How much longer do CU fans have to put up with this? It's not even good enough to be called "mediocre". :mad:

We deserve better, Mike Bohn. :-[

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Well look on the bright side. At least he isn't the highest paid state employee! OH WAIT!!!! HE SUCKS! Get rid of him now! At least we have the BRONCOS! (Boise St and Denver)

Jim

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I think if they fire Hawkins, they are just going to have the same performance from whoever replaces him.

There is kind of a mystery here, and even though I don't know the answer to it, I believe you must be looking in the wrong place for the cause.

When Hawkins came to Boulder, he had a 53-ll record and was twice WAC coach of the year. What are the odds that just by moving, he suddenly forgot how to coach football? Just about zero, IMO.

As I said, I don't know the answer, but I think you need to look further afield for the real cause of CU's problems, otherwise the next coach will appear to be just as bad. Athletic Directors are famous for firing good coaches to cover up their own shortcomings. If they can fire Sonny Lubick, they can certainly fire Dan Hawkins.

But it won't cure the problem. Whatever it is.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
I think if they fire Hawkins, they are just going to have the same performance from whoever replaces him.

There is kind of a mystery here, and even though I don't know the answer to it, I believe you must be looking in the wrong place for the cause.

When Hawkins came to Boulder, he had a 53-ll record and was twice WAC coach of the year. What are the odds that just by moving, he suddenly forgot how to coach football? Just about zero, IMO.

As I said, I don't know the answer, but I think you need to look further afield for the real cause of CU's problems, otherwise the next coach will appear to be just as bad. Athletic Directors are famous for firing good coaches to cover up their own shortcomings. If they can fire Sonny Lubick, they can certainly fire Dan Hawkins.

But it won't cure the problem. Whatever it is.
Chris Petersen was and is the brainchild behind the Broncos.
Do you know what Mike Bohns record for hiring winning head coaches is?
http://bohnmustresign.blogspot.com/

Fire Hawkins and Bohn now!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I have never wanted such a nice person gone in my life... I am a huge fan of Hawk as a person, as a football coach, not so much...Cannot believe the powers that be have not given him the boot...long ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts