Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Did you Ice fish and how many times this past season.

• Yes, 21 or more times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, 11-20 times

• Yes, 6-10 times

• Yes, 1-5 times

• No, I have no interest in Ice Fishing

• No, I wanted to but never got the chance

• No, I moved south to avoid winter and ice, etc.

• No, other reason (or mind your own damn business)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who did, and who did not ice fish this past season. How often and if you did not why not!

Dan

D

·
0 Posts
I think I made it 9 times last winter. I love that hard water!. But then I just love fishing, period!

B

·
0 Posts
I did not fish much but my clients did. we had numerous 50 fish days. the larger fish were there they came around (and are still coming) early and late ice. Feb and early march the larger ones did not eat what we wanted them to. Overall I thought it was and still is a great season. Our largest fish went just over 20lbs with alot around 10-15lbs. Hope to see all you guys on the water and on this site for the softwater season. bernie

M

·
0 Posts
I wanted to get out but as I get older, I get softer. In 2004, I spent a couple of cold weekend nights fishing in a pop up camper. It was so cold that the condensation froze my sleeping bag to the side of the pop-up camper. I sold the camper in the Spring of 2005 and didn't get in on 2005/2006.

I'm working on the camper problem and hopefully, with good finances and some luck, I'll be able to spend some time on ice in 2006/2007.

M

·
0 Posts
I hate ice...I'm getting excited...but I still went about 7 times....Granby, G-town, 11mile, Kriley...that's all.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I didnt go as much as I would of liked got in about 10 times.... including 2 skunks at 11mile man that lake hates me.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Went 8 times and would have to say it was a good season. Tried new lakes: Grandby, Williams Fork, Green Mtn and Evergreen. Caught my first Mac and Pike through the ice. Only got skunked twice, Grandby at the get together and Evergreen. Might try this weekend and will shoot for 15 times next year.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
At least once a week from thanksgiving untill now I'm still going its not over in the mountains yet :D I love ice fishin!!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
hit the hardwater every weekend after the second week in november and still going,this weekend and maybe next weekend, depends on if it stays cold enough in the hills. doesn't look real promising after this weekend. can't even count how many times i have gone. can't even count how much i've spent on gas this year? don't think i want to.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I went 40-50 times, I'm not really sure. I was mostly in search of ESOX. Fun times.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I went more than I ever have and still want to go more!!! Averaged every other weekend and only one skunk (11 mile). Got to take a lot of first time ice fisherman and everyone of them caught fish. Hopefully I can make it out once more but the weather up in kremling was 61 degree today.

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
I can't believe I only went 12 times. Work and new house and gas prices slowin me down. Caught nice fish every time. 23" bo's and 13" perch were highlights.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only got out 9 times that I can recall, it might be 10 but am pretty sure its only 9. The lack of consistant ice in the metro area sure played havoc with my plans. Never had the chance to hit Aurora, only got to Chatfield once and never thought the ice was good enough at Cherry Creek to risk it.

Dan

·
Registered
699 Posts
i didnt get to go and the reason is i dont know how and until a couple weeks ago didnt have transportation maybe next season if state patrol academy doesnt get in the way that and i really dont know anyone to show me the ropes on hardwater

F

·
0 Posts
I went about 13 times, mostly eleven mile because its close. Twin lakes a couple times. Only had one skunk this winter and it was on elevenmile during a snow hurricane. Watched some guys shack blow across the lake along with one of my buckets and the guard for my auger blade. Just so happened that I took my girlfriend out for her first time ice fishing that day, i cant imagine it left a good impression. Biggest fish of the winter was a 23" toad cutbow on elevenmile, but lost a very nice mac on twin lakes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went about 13 times to 11-mile and beat back the " curse" nicely. did'nt get skunked at all, and had some fantastic success!! That lake even tried to pull me in once through the ice---broke thru with one leg at the end of ice season. ------ ate a couple of 'bows last nite...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts