Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hooked up with Natebassman who had never caught a walleye on a blade from shore. headed north a little and it was game on. ALL on blades.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Damn, them eye's look like they have had the feedbag on! Some good eats there!
Iron Mike, sharing the way of the metal....
Wish I'd of been there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Indeed, the feedbag was on -- even found a 5" half-digested perch in one.

I've only used blades through the ice with success until tonight. And apart from the eyes, I started whacking the bass with them, too. I think I may have found a new favorite in the arsenal!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Putting in work!!

Do you loose a lot of blades from shore?? I've only had luck a couple times(from my boat) but seem to get snagged a lot! ... Maybe I'm just fishing the wrong area :/

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All depends on the "snagginess" of the lake. 4 trips Ive lost 3 blades. Loud john lost 4 in one night.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
All depends on the "snagginess" of the lake. 4 trips Ive lost 3 blades. Loud john lost 4 in one night.
yeah I figured that was the case..... 3 blades in 4 trips is really good though!! I'm more like your buddy John lmao

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't lose any today-

Or at the Crack on Sunday-

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Blades been killin it for me too. Even got a few on the dropshot. Imma go out tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wow - that's an awesome looking limit! I am jealous! May have to give the blades a try.

It looks kind of dark in the photos. Were you out late (like 6PM for you) or just taking pictures late?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
lol I think we stopped fishing at 6:45...not sure when mike took the pics...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts