Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to this site and I am very excited! I fished dillion res today. I caught my limit of kokes, it took me from about 830am to 230 pm to catch them. Most of the fish I caught were in the 6-10 foot depth range. I caught them on orange and pink spoons tipped with shrimp. I also caught 3 rainbows. my gas cap broke on my power auger this morning so I had to take my hand auger, the ice was 10-12 inches thick with about 10inces of snow on top.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Re: dillion reservior

Nice work Rad! I was planning on going to G Town tomorrow but your post got me thinking about Dillion can you give me a heads up on what part of dillion you were fishing?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

thats great you caught a limit , i was there last tuseday could only fish for a hour and caught 6 , if i was there for the whole day i woulda caught a limit , anyways good job

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I was at the snake river inlet. that is the only part that has ice. I can't wait for green mountain and granby to freeze

·
Registered
377 Posts

Thanks Rad, we decided to go toTaryall instead. It was 17 degrees below zero at 8:00 am. fishing was great. A steady catch of bows and Browns , probably 18-20 fish total. Mosly on a genz worm or a paddlebug.

Both Green Mountain and Granby should be good by the 9th given the forecast. I'll probably head up to 11 mile next weekend. We get to Granby quite a bit I'll let you know when we are going up the next time.

Hj

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

fly chucker, sounds like tarryall is the place to go for good #s of fish I have never been there before. Let me know how you do. Im not sure where Im going yet.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Rad welcome Do you live over that way? If so please post ice conditions. Of the lakes in that area. Thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

no I live in lakewood the only other lake that is frozen ice georgetown but with this weather things should start looking good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts