Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Dillon inlet for my first ice yesterday, fished from about 7:30am till about 3:30pm. It was snowing when I got there, then it would let up and get sunny, then back to the snow, off and on all day. Quite a few other people fishing today also, but not as bad as I expected.

Set up in about fifteen feet of water just in front of the parking area, more towards the inlet side. Tried jigging a kastmaster on one pole and a pink tube jig with shrimp deadsticked on the other. Started catching rainbows right away. Caught about 10 bows when everyone else I seen were catching kokes. I don't like to crowd other people when fishing so I walked to the other side of the inlet ( where not a single person was) and drilled a couple holes, first one was about 18fow, tried jigging a tube and right away got hit, missed that one, moved to the other hole in about 8fow and again got a hit, landed my first koke through the ice. dropped back down and BAM! got another. Dragged the hut over there and set up in 8fow. Ended up catching about 20 more kokes and 5-10 more rainbows. All in all not a bad first outing. Ice was a good 6-8inches everywhere I drilled holes. And not one person moved over to where I was all day. I have a few pictures but not sure how to post- if I can e-mail them to someone and they can post them let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
sounds like you had a good day, if you want to you can send me the pics and i can post them for you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beer said:
Here are the pics.

some of the Kokes

The secind pic is the same as the third but you can see how the storm moved through. It would be almost white out conditions at times.

·
Registered
318 Posts
What a wonderful report, I like all the fine details, and pics.
Good success for your first ice of the year

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Great report! Gotta love that first ice. I wish I would have been up there.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Great report!!..Went today similiar result..Pink ratso tipped with shrimp was the ticket!!Could not keep 2 poles in the water!! Great stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts