Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Lake is fully capped and we have had a chance to get out and target trophy browns and arctic char. Fishing is slow to fair for 15" to 20" browns and fair for small arctic char with the occasional 17" er. Jigging tubes and kastamasters has been working.
The snake river inlet is still giving up some salmon, there are some fresher fish strangling in, we have caught several females with fresh eggs and others who have completely worn out their tales and are at the end of the spawn.
A few more arctic char and rainbows are coming in and hitting a variety of jigs.
Stay updated on lake Dillon by following us on facebook, you tube, and www.fishdillon.com

http://youtu.be/YGxmPcOfQ3Q

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, I've caught one that was 22" before I opened Alpine Fishing Adventures, instead of going for the record, I ate it. Probably should have gone for the record, it would have been good for my business.
According to my logs we got 5 between 16" and 19" from July 10, to ice on. In total we caught 32 arctic char this summer. 9 out of 10 of our trips are beginners and kids. So we caught that many without targeting them. Just trolling and hucking spoons and stuff at the inlets and a couple coves that we hit rainbows at non stop we come up with the arctic char here and there.
Through the ice, I have a couple holes that I can easily hit a limit of arctic char, but they are between 12 and 16 inches. Seems like these fish are growing fast and all in great body condition. When i first started targeting the char 3 years ago, a 12 to 13 inches was the biggest I got. The same spots are now producing 15 inchers and 16 inchers.

If you want to break a state record, A dillon arctic char is your best chance right now. I bet somebody does it this winter, its probably going to be one of the ones that got lost following the salmon and ended up in the snake inlet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts