Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Dillon worth the drive? Had some fun this summer but only because I was already there. Half the places I wanted to be weren't accessible by shore. Are the kokes and char common-ish or am I gonna pull a bunch of 12" trout out of there?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Never fished it and I could be wrong but I think you missed the kokes. I usually see people posting reports that first ice on the snake river inlet is when they get the kokes.

There are some massive lake trout that Fordo, Randy Ford, has posted from fishing Dillon.

However, Fordo is a guide. I don't think the average Joe would know where to get the pigs he has caught from there.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Never fished it and I could be wrong but I think you missed the kokes. I usually see people posting reports that first ice on the snake river inlet is when they get the kokes.

There are some massive lake trout that Fordo, Randy Ford, has posted from fishing Dillon.

However, Fordo is a guide. I don't think the average Joe would know where to get the pigs he has caught from there.
There aren't any lakers in Dillon, at least that are known of. I believe Fordo ventures to other bodies of water to find his big lakers.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you might be thinking of granby Dallas. There are kokes in Dillon in theory they can be caught through the ice. seems like my friends out of state that get kokes through ice luck into them while trout fishing. I'm really over trout for the time being.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was up there about two weeks ago with two buddies. We caught a mix of 8-9 inch Kokes and 12 inch Rainbows. It was a lot of fun but nothing really worth keeping. Bite died after about 10:30

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was up there about two weeks ago with two buddies. We caught a mix of 8-9 inch Kokes and 12 inch Rainbows. It was a lot of fun but nothing really worth keeping. Bite died after about 10:30
that sounds like a huge bummer. given the awfulness of the drive I'd be way way less than thrilled. at least catching stockers in the summer you can watch all of the snow bunnies on their paddle boards. I don't suppose they're out in winter :)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
There aren't any lakers in Dillon, at least that are known of. I believe Fordo ventures to other bodies of water to find his big lakers.
You are correct sir, and I do not guide for lakers, I like fishing for them so much i would not want to compromise my own fishing time, or my honey holes.

And if yall want to keep tabs on Dillon, I post somewhat frequent trip reports on the Alpine Fishing Adventures face book page.

www.facebook.com/Alpine-Fishing-Adventures-1482033502038256/?fref=ts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts