Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine was fishing dillion and caught some arctic char i guess he said they are a really nice fish there going back up this weekend to catch some more. Not this weekend but next heading up to 11 mile still trying to catch my first pike my buddie caught one last year in suckers cove but I still want to catch one and maybe we can get some big bows and browns.

·
Registered
85 Posts
could you shoot some info about what they were using to catch the char, I think dillon is the only lake with char in colorado and the numbers of them left must be pretty low, I think the char were just a one time "stock" a few years back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea iwill try and ask him today and post it for you and get you some info on were they were fishing exactly....

·
Registered
267 Posts
i think they were stocked quite a few years back, but i am under the impression that it was an experiment that never really took off. i am interested. it sounds like they are still in good enough numbers to target. that's pretty cool. and yes i do believe this is the only lake in colorado that was stocked with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they were fishing on the river were it comes into the lake it was frozen overand they could fish it. not sure whatthey were using but they caught a good number of them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No they didnt but I heard they were nice fish not huge but not small either i wish I had more info to give you guys but i don't.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I didn't even know that there were ANY Char in Colorado. Are they any good to eat?

·
Registered
87 Posts
We were thinking of going up to Dillon on Sun.
Talked to a local up there about a month ago. He was fishing close to the dam on the west side, 20 yds. out 20' deep. He said he'd catch a bunch of brookies, 20-40 and would get an occasional char feeding on the brooks. Sounded like fun but I'm not sure of the ice depth. Back then it was 16-20". I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts