Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about going to see Bernie's presentation yesterday, but decided I would rather fish instead. Turns out, I certainly have a lot that I could learn from Bernie.

Got to Chatfield around 500 pm, fished until just after 900. Water temps were from about 69* - 74*. Caught a bunch of small (4" - 5") walleye, and a couple small smallies, but couldn't find anything bigger.

Tried Horsetooth today. Got on the water at about 330, fished until 800. Water temps were 68* - 71*. Second verse, almost same as the first. Tons of little smallies, a couple of blue gill, nothing else.

Good news is the weather is fantastic, and very few boats on the water. I love this time of year.

As a side note, I blame my poor catching on my boat. If I had a good versatile boat instead of this aluminum outboard, I am certain that the boat would have been filled with monster catch. Maybe I need to go new boat shoping.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one catches it all, fish of all sizes, envy, female fishing partners, boat ramp jealousy and wallet pains. :rolleyes:

http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/5154262475.html

I like Lund, but come on. $62k for a used boat with a roller trailer, and he is keeping the electronics and Terrova. What do those things go for new?

The 300 HP engine is a nice touch. If I was fishing big water (read, not Colorado), that would be awesome. But unnecessary here.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

Yea , big water boats.

Take a look at the Lund Barron, fully rigged $$$$.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Aluminum jet boat with kicker for sale sitting about 1/4 mile south of 72nd and Indiana in Arvada. Been sittin awhile. fyi

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I like Lund, but come on. $62k for a used boat with a roller trailer, and he is keeping the electronics and Terrova. What do those things go for new?

The 300 HP engine is a nice touch. If I was fishing big water (read, not Colorado), that would be awesome. But unnecessary here.
Awesome boat no doubt!!!! But that is steep! I paid $30,000 for my 2012 1975 Pro V loaded. But mine only has a 175 HP Verado. Still seems pretty steep to me. I doubt he will get that?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
To each his own. Everyone has there own needs or wants in buying a boat. I'd rather spend more money on my gear and lures than more than $22K on a boat that can only be used about half of the year at best. I've got some friends that found really nice used boats for under $10k and they find fish just fine. My $3k kayak with trolling motor gets me where I want and handles the chop pretty good and is light enough to launch alone just about anywhere. The only thing I'd do different and will is spend a little more on my fish finder...

Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one and some stink more than others.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts