Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6,188 Posts
silicone boy said:
As a practitioner and supporter of CPR, I always take the opportunity to encourage the practice by bringing up the sewage spill thing. The turf farm runoff issue is true. I grew up around CC so I know its ecology well, and the turf farm uses their own brand of fertilizer. It's a very smelly type of chicken poop, and that's what you are eating when you cook up those giant walleye. The minnows eat the chicken poop, the shad eat the minnows, the walleye and trout eat the shad. What ends up on your dinner table is essentially concentrated chicken droppings. Sorry to ruin your appetite. :eek:
So then, the veggies in my garden are cow dung? The water I drink is pee because, to quote Bass Pro, "we all live down stream." I just hope Paris Hilton lives upstream from me!! Good use of the appeal to fear fallacy, and some scewed reasoning though. I do like the CPR ananlogy. ;)

· Registered
1,895 Posts
While Silicone is technically correct....well if he were completely right we'd all be walking around as big piles of feces (and some of us probably are...). And I think the reasoning is pretty silly. Almost all the veggies we eat are grown in manure and fertilizer enriched soil, and I do love me some tomatoes. Pollutants in fish concentrate in the liver and the blood lines, which function somewhat as kidneys do in us. Therefore, if you trim the blood lines and don't eat the organs, I'm pretty sure you're gonna be just fine and you won't be eating any poo. I like how he got his point accross though. Heavy metals are another matter, so if there's a mercury warning please pay attention to it, that stuff'll make you grow another head.

· Registered
2,513 Posts
You guys used my own argument against me, and I haven't been able to eat or drink for the past day. Someone told me once "just think, that glass of water you are drinking technically has a molecule of water from the pee of every person that has ever lived, and every breath of air contains fart molecules from every person on the planet." Gross.

· Premium Member
4,368 Posts
silicone boy said:
You guys used my own argument against me, and I haven't been able to eat or drink for the past day. Someone told me once "just think, that glass of water you are drinking technically has a molecule of water from the pee of every person that has ever lived, and every breath of air contains fart molecules from every person on the planet." Gross.
It would have been ok had I died without that mental picture.......... ;D

Dan

· Registered
35 Posts
You worry too much! I lived in mexico for a few year while I was in my early teens. The tap water there was probably worse and I drank it.

While in mex I hunted Rabbit and mountain Rat (with sling shot), because it the only game around. Ate both and will eat anything, even thought about eating a carp after reading a recipe in a cook book I purchased that contained a smoked carp recipe. I am still alive. I may be crazy, but so is looking at a computer screen like a moth looks at a light bulb.
.....maybe I'm just young. >:D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.