Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
try not to post only successes that would be unrealistic, especially for me. so through the grape vine I heard aurora was kicking out perch fairly regularly. dont know if its me or the wind or the weather in general but I managed only two short walleyes and couldn't even find any perch.granted the wind made it pretty difficult to fish but what I did notice was in the first time ive fish there the weeds come clear out to thirty feet in a lot of areas.most other years there around twenty or shallower. water temp was 72 but the weeds made it really hard to fish normal spots. any advice for future trips as always would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I may have a successful outing one out of every five or so trips to that lake yet it remains by far my favorite metro lake. Like a battered housewife, I just keep going back. I guess I must like the challenge and the reward is always worth it. The grass is definitely growing different out there and I have to believe it is due to the sunken aerator line oxygenating the deeper water. The fish in the summer and fall are re-positioned as well due to the O2. They are still there though...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
You forgot the minnows?;D:eek:;D
Thanks for the report Glen! Dog days of summer, hard to catch the fish if ya can't find the fish.

Sorry I can't help with advice, other than "go get em"

·
Registered
16,693 Posts
I guess that's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching"!

Actually my informant was in a float tube in calm condidtions and no doubt using a more vertical presentation than would be possible to reproduce in a boat in high winds.

·
Registered
16,693 Posts
Damn Glenn, guess you need to up your game. These perch were caught 2 days b4 you went.
The 22" eyeball was caught 2 days AFTER you went!

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
Lots of food.
Jurassic Pond at it's finest...a tough nut to crack...electric only...limits fisherman since if you choose poorly you cant run and gun...ultra clear waters light lines...more natural presentations...either dead calm or howling...and radiation deposits to grow them abnormally large...the best front range dichotomy and fishery...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts