Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out their tonite about 8:00pm and stayed 1 hour caught several small bass biggest 11 in. still fun caught them on black/purple gulp baits man these things are great. i always see small bass out there any 1 know if an big ones been caught out of there recently and what about catfish in there. Also i am going out there some time this weekend to clwean up and walk the dog if any one wants to join let me know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There used to be some nice ones but I haven't seen a nice one come out of there in years. There are supposedly some muskie in there but I have never seen them.

There are nice cats in there to this day. We caught a few cats a couple of weeks ago on a spinner and worms.

Honestly, I don't think I will ever go back there. :-\ A few weeks ago I cleaned up about 4 plastic bags worth of garbage just on the way back to my truck. I also saw people keeping bass under 12 inches, a guy break a bottle and kids (ages 4-8) using the most foul language I have ever heard!

If you are in FTC, drop me a PM if you ever wanna go somewhere else. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Years ago we used to kill big Crappie at Dixon with a fly and bubble. But I haven't been there for 15 or so years. I'm going up to the Green River next week below Fontanelle, If I get anything I'll post pix.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to discount tackle on collage and the man in their claimed that a 25# cat came out of there 2 weeks ago..... now i don't really believe probely at biggest 10-15# but any ways i wil try to get some pics (i lost my ditigal camera so i will get my in-laws)

·
Registered
80 Posts
would love to know where dixon is and what you catch the cats on there. I love to use trot lines and have had great success on them. I am now trying to learn how to successfully catch the on a pole.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dixon is below horsetooth res. in ft. collins its on the road that goes by the stadium up to horsetooth on the east side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts