Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught this guy earlier today over at Dixon (the lake below Horsetooth in Fort Collins). Put up a good fight, the big thing that had me really proud of this guy was I got him, lost him, and then got him again. He got off the line cause it snapped when I got him to shore, then I was able to feel around and grapped him and after another minute or so of struggling I was able to get him out and away from the water and finally got to breath. Oh man, I'm so glad I got him back :)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Thats a nice looking fish man... I bet the adrenaline was running especially when you snagged him.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you get a measurment on him? What were you using?

That is by far and away the biggest LM I have seen come out of Dixon.

Good Job!

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is my fav. lake in ft.collins i have had numerous days of fish after fish buut have yet to get one that size. my fav. lure is a weightless 7in watermelon gulp bait or a top water plug

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't get an exact measurement of him but I'm pretty sure he was around the 15 1/2" to 16" range. I have a pic of another 15" LM I caught in Kansas and it looks a little smaller then this guy. This guy was also definitely fatter then the other one. Got him on a popper that I've had for about 5 or 6 years that I rarely use since I never caught anything on it before. Definitely a gold medal one now. LOL.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
brad_n_thornton said:
NICE FISH!!!!!! BAD SHIRT :p :p :p :p GO BUFFS ;D ;D ;D
What??? No, no. Good shirt. Good, good shirt.

Q. How do you keep Buffs football players out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What do you get if you drive slowly through the Boulder campus?
A. A degree.

Actually the Buffs would be OK if not for their drug problem. They keep getting drug from one end of the field to the other.

I better stop or the off-topic police will get me. :)

I do appreciate the bass picture, I didn't realize there was anything except moss in Dixon Lake. Now I suppose I'll have to go out there and catch the other two. LOL

·
Registered
157 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
brad_n_thornton said:
NICE FISH!!!!!! BAD SHIRT  :p :p :p :p GO BUFFS ;D ;D ;D
I do appreciate the bass picture, I didn't realize there was anything except moss in Dixon Lake.  Now I suppose I'll have to go out there and catch the other two.  LOL
I went out there today. I caught about 25+ bass in about 2 hrs. Nothing too big, the biggest about 13".

I had 2 times where I got a bass on 2 consecutive casts and one time I had 4 casts in a row all ending with a landed bass.

They were checking liscences very thoroughly up there today, so, make extra sure if you go up that you have yours. ;D

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have had many days like that there but would trade one for 1 nice bass also people up there keep telling me that cats are biting at night

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Actually the Buffs would be OK if not for their drug problem. They keep getting drug from one end of the field to the other.
lmao now that is a drug problem

·
Registered
157 Posts
meandmydog said:
i have had many days like that there but would trade one for 1 nice bass also people up there keep telling me that cats are biting at night
The fact that you can't fish there after 11:00pm is a real drag (pun intended).

If you could, there would probably would be more reports of cats hittin at night. :-\

·
Registered
324 Posts
i spoke to a couple of guys who said they were fishing on the cement thing untill 1am last weakend. you can park on the street and walk in

·
Registered
157 Posts
meandmydog said:
i spoke to a couple of guys who said they were fishing on the cement thing untill 1am last weakend. you can park on the street and walk in
Right, but since it's a natural area, it closes at 11:00pm and therefore, it is technically illegal to be on that property.

Not that it can't be done, but that's the law. Even the ranger I talked with today said so..... :-\

1 - 14 of 14 Posts