Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Dixon Reservoir in Ft Collins for a few hours on Memorial Day and caught 8 little bass and 2 sun fish all on a worm under a bobber.  I threw some spinners and cranks out but it was way too weedy.  This blue gill is around 8 inches and I was wondering if that is above average length. I'm starting to get serious about fishing and have a lot to learn, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Woo.. Nice Nice 8incher .. I think thats big.. Its been years since Ive seen something like that.. Im pretty sure thats above normal around here... Unless your fishing in Golf Courses..! WINK*

Steve
- nothing around here is that big..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thats a big 'gill for Dixon or anywhere else I've seen in Colorado.

Dixon is fun to fish because you can catch tons of little 8-10" bass. If you're just getting into lure fishing, use those bass at dixon to teach you. It's kind of an unfair advantage because they'll hit anything so when you go somewhere else it will seem slow and boring.

I take my wife there sometimes in the summer and we catch 30 or 40 little bass on buzzbaits until we're sick of it. Then she want's to fish buzzbaits everywhere!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts