Registered
6,797 Posts
its always nice when a big one makes your day

welcome

ps the pic didnt come thru

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice toad nice and fat looks to be a lot of weeds in there but now your avatar died!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You should enter that pic in the picture contest, nice looking fish and nice looking lake.
What did you catch him on?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
na you shouldnt enter that one i want a chance to win

·
Registered
324 Posts
rsvoller nice fish i go there alot but have yet to hook into one of thoose. also you look just like this guy i was talking to at mcdonalds about the csu and cu game, was that youu i was with my wife and daughter and asked you about seating at the stadium. anyways i will be up there tonite probley and been catching alot of fish there 20-30 small ones in a couple hours will give it another go

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah that was me, i would go tonight too but i am going to atempt to learn to fly fish.
but yeah you can pull a bunch out of there but most are small, still fun though. what kind of laures have you been useing there, we have only been useing top waters like popers and floating minows had a few on a gold spinner when i frist started going there.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you ought to take your fly rod down there and bust some bass might be a fun place to learn

·
Registered
324 Posts
a 7in watermelon gulp bait weight-less and also a green topwater popper with a red belly i actually have never made it to the back. i start in one hole and uusually catch 5-6 and then move down to another so i need to head straight to the back.

·
Registered
213 Posts
meandmydog, LOL, such small world we were all at McDonalds the other day. I was the other guy with him having lunch. As for the lake, I think you can catch those small bass just about anywhere since I haven't been skunked at any point around that lake, even where it seems there is no cover around, just a blank shoreline I've had one on the minnow. We still have yet to try the south side of the lake ore more of the east side since when we went the wind was blowing too hard to the east to fish along that shore. We have both been pretty happy with this lake and we never thought there were bass or crappie as big as they have been out of that lake. Glad we finally gave it a shot the other week and have been hooked ever since (no pun intended).

·
Registered
324 Posts
kool well good to meet ya'll we will have to fish togather sometime i love this lake as well i have never been skunked(knock on wood)there either i hear there are some big cats in there. also have ya'll been up to horsetooth?i haven't got so much as a bite out of there yet but the new issue of the coloradofisherman mag has an article about in it. i just hope it has something for shore fisherman.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah that was my slowest day there that one and two small ones but still not to bad. i have tried horsetooth a few times not lately but mostly in the spring got nice rainbows over in south bay, and have tired walleye a few time but no luck i think you really need a baot there for it, but i am happy with all the other choices of lakes around here

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hearing from the guy's at Jax was that the Walleye and Smallies are near the dams but DEEP so having a boat or a very deep diving crankbait that is a crawdad imitation is supposed to be good, but I bet the fishing there won't get good til it cools down quite a bit, mornings and evenings are probably best bet. We haven't tried Horsetooth though since the spring but I think I might wait til it gets cooler before I try again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice picture/great catch.

I gotta get back up to horsetooth. Haven't been up there for a couple of weeks. Anyone know if the North boat ramp is still open?

·
Registered
324 Posts
went to dixon on sunnday for a couple hours and for the first time i was skunked. i didnt use my go-to lure a top water popper i lost it on some weeds and i ran out of the watermelon colored gulp baits that allways produce. it was wierd i didnt see anything going on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it was been preaty dead the last few nights. been there the last few nights and have had very few bites. i asume it is cause i posted on here jk, i beileive i am going to try it again tonight so we'll see if it is still quit

F

·
0 Posts
the lake may be turning over and it takes the fish awhile to get active again after this happens

1 - 20 of 32 Posts