Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to re-paint my little boat and I was wanting to use the bed liner type paint. Anyone have any experience with this stuff on things other than truck beds? The main thing I am looking to accomplish is waterproofing and scratch resistance

·
Registered
797 Posts
I know that the grizzly model at bps has a "bed liner" type of covering to it and I have heard that it is great and when I used to do water damage work we coated the floor and about 2 feet of the walls of our vans to protect the vans from rusting with all the wet pad and stuff seemed to work great but its not my butt in the boat...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I've used spray on bedliner in my truck bed (Duralast) and it was gross, nasty stuff. It was basically a thick black solvent based paint; took forever to dry. Wouldn't want it my boat. If you can find a two part (epoxy type of product) that might work better. The Rhino lining bedliner is melted polypropelene made from recycled soda bottles and would be great for what you want to use it for but the spray equipment is expensive (like $50,000) so you'd probably have to pay $500 or so to have one of those places apply it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts