Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
With all due respect... No Way in Heck I would travel down the road with my rods outside of my vehicle.

I have a rod locker that I built in the bed of my pickup... I know they are safe and secure in there no matter what.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
With all due respect... No Way in Heck I would travel down the road with my rods outside of my vehicle.

I have a rod locker that I built in the bed of my pickup... I know they are safe and secure in there no matter what.
x2,000,000

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most people wouldn't use them to drive 100 miles at 80 mph down the highway. Most would use them to move from one spot on the river to another without having to take their rods apart. For example..You're fishing the Ark and you want to move up river a mile..just slap them on the windshield and go. I'd have no problem doing that.

·
Registered
592 Posts
That's pretty dang cool! The magnet versions you can buy work great, don't see why these wouldn't...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most people wouldn't use them to drive 100 miles at 80 mph down the highway. Most would use them to move from one spot on the river to another without having to take their rods apart. For example..You're fishing the Ark and you want to move up river a mile..just slap them on the windshield and go. I'd have no problem doing that.
Exactly!

Rod holders like that are made for just hole hopping...
That said, I have had the set in the article loaded with rods up to 80mph and as far as 30miles in one trip. Mostly they get used at places like the San Juan, Lee's Ferry, or hopping from one pike lake to another in the back woods... Its far easier than breaking down just to move down or up river a mile or so.

Thanks for the link to the article hobbiecat, and thanks for the plug on the dubbing triple threat :)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
^^^^THIS.^^^^

But hope it's not raining, using your wipers when you turn your truck off and then place your rods on the windshield under the the wipers. Kinda funny watching the rods "clean" the windshield when you start the truck again:-[....as long as they are not your rods.

PS
they were my rods on my truck, so I was not laughing at the time :)

i do admit that i like the do it yourself kit in the OP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts