Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to catfishing catching my first cat about 1 month ago at Adams County Fairgrounds, so all the little typical behaviors of catfish I have not yet mastered. I wanted to go to fishing for catfish tonight however do cats like to bite after rain like we have had today in denver metro? Or should I wait for a calmer night?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
wiper_stalker said:
  I've caught cats while it was raining.......don't know about afterwards.
I second that. Had some buddies tell me just the other night that they hammered some big cats at Stearns during a really heavy Spring rainstorm earlier this year.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Catfish will bite after a rain... and before a rain... and during a rain... and in dry weather... In other words, catfish live their whole lives completely surrounded by water, and hardly know whether it's raining or not out in that other world they have no experience with.

If it rains so hard that large amounts of water get washed in off the land, catfish will become more active, because it means that something edible might wash in, and they want to be right there to pick it up. The same is true for walleyes and other fish as well.

The best time to go fishing is whenever you can get away -- don't worry about whether it's raining or not! :)

W. E.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
catfish like to bite any time any where just like other fish
the only thing that counts is if you have your line in the water

·
Registered
164 Posts
i was gonna go fishing in the rain today, but got pretty sluggish, worms work great after the rain when the water rises, im going tuesday night to harriman, catch and release, ill have a camera too and see how i do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts