Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this a couple of minutes ago.
JUST A REMINDER....ON Feb. 5th 2006, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. ...YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

or you can go on-line to www.donotcall.gov

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
This is like the 3rd time I've heard this in the last 2 years... I dont know if I believe it. Alot of cell phones dont charge for incoming calls anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just thought I'd jump in here...

If your cell phone company does charge you for incoming calls, you will be charged (according to your plan) if you answer your phone. I would certainly advise everyone to do this. Telemarketing companies are required by Federal law to comply with 'Do Not Call' lists. These 'DNC' lists are not only on the Federal level, but oftentimes on the state level as well.

A word of advice: If a telemarketer ever calls you, tell them to put you on their DNC list - they MUST comply. If the same company ever calls you again, they are in violation, and can be sued for 10s of thousands of dollars!

Take the two minutes and save yourself from the telemarketer headache!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts