Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I listen and watch his shows. He seems like a nice guy but im not really sure how he got these shows. He seems to be a good fisherman but not really a stand-out. I delete his shows(TiVO) if he is flyfishing and I turn off the radio when he talks hunting.

IMO

-Jay

·
Registered
863 Posts
i watch his shows when i get a chance he had a show a few weeks ago where he was fishing with a handicapped man who had 1 arm i believe the episode was "denvers backyard bass ponds" somethin similiar to that anyway anyone see it he said it was 5 mins outside of denver i couldnt tell where it was at but whereever it was they were knockin em dead (5-7 lb bass) anyone else catch the location???

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Thanks Jay,

I will check it out the next Saturday that I have nothing to do. (i don't want to give up any of my valuable fishing time)

Dan

·
Registered
863 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
It was a pond off of the highway. Maybe ward rd ponds?

-Jay
yea it was off the highway......i dont think it was ward rd ponds tho they had a gas motor on their boat.....hmmm i wander where they were at...?any other ideas?

·
Registered
943 Posts
i think he has access to private ponds. he did a catfish show and they caught them every 5 minutes. i emailed him and asked where it was and he emailed me back a list from fishing close to home. i've fished in private ponds. it dosent take a rocket scientest to catch fish in most of them. i do like when he goes to granby or places like that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have to agree with everyone here. Even I can catch nice fish out of a private pond.I'd rather seen him fish area's around town or one's the common man can get onto without dropping a 100 rod fee. He had one show that was a flyfishing contest that you had to spend 600 buck a year to catch some nice fish....

Fish

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I happen to think his shows are very good most if not all are in state and anyone can fish the waters. Shows have been done on Grand Lake, Horestooth, Aurora, Navajo, and many more. I watch anytime there on and have picked up many tips on the water fished.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Ive watched the shows and listened to the radio and I'm less impressed each time.I watched a show on ice fishing and he was using 7 foot rods!Ridiculous!Saw a show at pueblo res. and they were catchin 6 inch bass.Watched him catch 15 inch wallys at BigMac when we were there catchin 6 to 10 lbers around the same time.In my humble opinion,he doesnt know how to fish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts