• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure when we were kids and we knew we were taking a fishing trip the next day we had a hard time falling alseep the night before. Am I the only one who still has this problem? Its not all the time but sometimes I find myself having a hard time going to sleep the night. Like tonight Ill have to take a few Valum just to go to sleep.

Am I still a kid at heart?

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think in different degrees, we all have the same.
For me the 'excitement' grows as saturday approaches, by friday night i cant wait to go fishing the next morning, then monday starts the coundown again...

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
      LOL... No Jay you're not the only one! Didn't sleep at all last night since we're getting ready to leave now for the weekend. Usually to bed by 10 but up at 3 because I can't sleep so figure what the hey, lets go early!!! One thing that gets me going and keeps me going through the day is a Red Bull & a Midnite Milky Way!!!  :eek:  Breakfast of fishermen!
   Have fun !!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Depends where I'm going, but if it's out of town for a few days of non-stop fishing, oh yeah!

·
Registered
943 Posts
i can never sleep the night before going fishing. that is why for the fly-fishing get together i fished all night at 11-mile >:D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Your not the only one Jay.  I am ussually going thru my lures and repacking the car at around midnight even though I promised myself I would be in bed early.  I start day dreaming about yanking the big one out of the water and can't sleep.  Get your mind out of the gutter on that last comment.  

Jim

M

·
0 Posts
Absolutely I get excited!!!!!

I even have dreams about it when sleeping the night or three before a big trip.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I can't sleep either man. I feel like a little kid the night before christmas. I don't think you ever grow out of it.

Neat post, I've often wondered about that.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Try sleeping the night before a tournament and the fact that I've never fished in a tournament before. We had to be there at 5:15 am for the rules meeting and only live 20 mins from the lake. We got up at 3:15 am, 2 hours before to get ready ! I still dream about catching a big fish everytime I go out. Someday my dreams will come true !

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Yea, especially when I'm due to get up at 4AM but don't get to bed until midnight ;) All the gear is packed and on the kitchen table so I don't forget anything, boat is loaded up, alarm clock and loud coffee maker are set at 15 minute offsets to make sure I wake up... Of course, I've also had times when I just decided not to sleep and just stayed up all night but those hurt the next few days afterwards...

·
Registered
258 Posts
YEP.........Definitely get excited and a lot of times don't get that much sleep the night before. The wife and I just can't wait to get the old boat out on the lake and the fishing lines in the water. Put the binimi up, get a pinch of Skoal Straight and pop a cold can of Coors Light. Kick back and say "here fishy, fishy.......COME AND GET IT!!!"
Cody

·
Registered
833 Posts
Only if it's a tournament. I think it's half anxiety and the other half afraid of not making the launch in time.
Fun fishing it's a different story.
Last Saturday I had to get up at 4 AM to go to Stagecoach
after pounding margaritas until 12:30.
You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and you still feel like you are drunk?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hammer said:
I had to get up at 4 AM to go to Stagecoach
Dam, Im going to Granby tomorrow and want to be on the road by 3:30am ::)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
833 Posts
Jay,
Leave tonight and sleep in the parking lot.
Pop a few Advil to get rid of the neckache from sleeping in your truck, down a couple of chocolate doughnuts and a Go Fast and your ready!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yup, I still can't sleep the night before a fishing trip.  It's so bad that I'll look at the clock every few minutes..."is it 4 o'clock yet?".  When I was single, I'd just give up and go fishing, even if it wasn't even midnight.  Now I tend to stay in bed until one or two hours before the planned departure time, but I'm pretty twitchy (or so my wife claims).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I always get excited when it comes to fishing. I think my excitement really builds when I am planning trip or if I have not fished in a while. Many times I will get my gear ready the night before and stay up late reading various fishing articles and postings from this forum. I always tell myself that I am going to get up before sunset to go fishing, however, most of the time I will hit snooze a few times and wake up a couple hours after I planned on getting up.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
See. Its happening right now. I know I should be in bed right now because I know the alarm will be going off @ 2:30am. Time to pop another valum. No. im not hooked on valum...it just helps to knock me out for a few hours.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
No. I am hitting the water at least 300 days a year since retirement, and at my age I can't handle going without sleep for that many days. (If I ever could.) But I do look forward to every outing with a kind of keen anticipation and satisfaction, and the feeling that life is good, and, as Robert Browning says, "God's in his heaven -- All's right with the world." :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts