Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Do you support the CDOW removing trophy lake trout from Blue Mesa?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
These threads are becoming monotonous. Must be a competition on the low down right now to see who can beat a dead horse the most.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
IceInTheVeins. said:
ClackaRam said:
Polly want a cracker?

Bok.....Bok....
One vote right there for yes, ol' Dr. Johnson ol' buddy ol' pal!
I know of 3 "yes" votes just because of the way you belittled the supporters in your very first post in this thread. If I had not already voted I probably would have joined them out of spite.

There actually are 2 sides to this issue, you know. Not everyone who buys into the netting is ignorant or a douchebag.

·
Registered
513 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
IceInTheVeins. said:
ClackaRam said:
Polly want a cracker?

Bok.....Bok....
One vote right there for yes, ol' Dr. Johnson ol' buddy ol' pal!
Ice = +

I know of 3 "yes" votes just because of the way you belittled the supporters in your very first post in this thread. If I had not already voted I probably would have joined them out of spite.

There actually are 2 sides to this issue, you know. Not everyone who buys into the netting is not ignorant or a douchebag.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Tarponjim said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
There actually are 2 sides to this issue, you know. Not everyone who buys into the netting is ignorant or a douchebag.
?????????????????????
I only intended to convey the notion that reasonable people can disagree.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If one does the research on their own and takes ALL OF IT with a grain of salt, and comparing it to studies of other agencies and also plenty of angler testimony, I find that one would have to be drinking koolaid to come to the conclusion that the CDOW is right. The evidence is just too heavily against them.

Don't believe me, but don't believe the CDOW either. Do your own research. That's my motto.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Trout said:
I will bite. Ice what type of research did you do.
I looked at old studies from the CDOW and CSU and found them full of holes. In fact their data even admits there isn't a conclusive link between koke declines and lake trout. Data from other states and Canada also proved helpful. And with dozens of anglers having told me about the horrible poaching of kokes that goes on, there is no way that the problem is too many large lake trout.
The CDOW even admitted to me once that "lake trout are the only factor we can control so that is what we are doing".

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I would challenge those who voted yes to explain why they support it. I have a feeling some just did it out of spite as Don said. Let's see your side of the argument and why you support what the CDOW is doing.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
only thing I will remotely agree with the DOW on is that I firmly believe that blue mesa can grow a trophy in 10 or whatever years they claim.

Blue mesa has millions of kokanee, millions of perch, millions of trout as well as crawdads and any other forage that the lake trout eat.... something that canadian shield/northwest territories fisheries do not. another thing that blue mesa does not have is a lid covering the lake 8 months out of the year... it's covered for the better part of 3 months... longer growth season in warmer and more fertile waters = bigger fish quickly. but that's my opinion. I'm sure some douchebag or 40 year old virgin will probably try to tell me that I'm a moron but whatever.
You actually make a great point here. Our waters have longer growing seasons and are more productive in general when compared to Canadian Shield of Northern US lakes. But it still takes a LONG time, at least 15 years, to grow a 15 pound mack there. They have contradicted themselves so many times when stating how long it takes to grow a big mack at Blue that who knows what the truth is.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
only thing I will remotely agree with the DOW on is that I firmly believe that blue mesa can grow a trophy in 10 or whatever years they claim.

Blue mesa has millions of kokanee, millions of perch, millions of trout as well as crawdads and any other forage that the lake trout eat.... something that canadian shield/northwest territories fisheries do not. another thing that blue mesa does not have is a lid covering the lake 8 months out of the year... it's covered for the better part of 3 months... longer growth season in warmer and more fertile waters = bigger fish quickly. but that's my opinion. I'm sure some douchebag or 40 year old virgin will probably try to tell me that I'm a moron but whatever.
You are right on that, and in the late 90's we were tagging fish there and I was amazed to catch one of them a year later that had grown from 23" to 31" and gone from 6 to 12lbs in one year and couldn't believe the growth rate compared to the 1/2" a year average we normally see at Granby.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have caught two fish that were both under thirty inches, a 27" and a 29", that weighed 10 and 11 pounds there respectively. The average 30" Mack at Granby weighs about 7 - 9 pounds.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
IceInTheVeins. said:
The average 30" Mack at Granby weighs about 7 - 9 pounds.
How would you know? I'm willing to bet you've never caught a 30" mack from Granby in your life.

This sort of shoot from the hip comment, with absolutely no factual basis whatsoever, is one of the many reasons that it is impossible to take you seriously when you spout off about how much you know about our Colorado lake trout fisheries. The average 30" Granby fish hasn't weighed as little as 7 lbs for a long, long time. The average is now more like 10-12 lbs, and has been for at least 2-3 years.

But you never let the facts get in your way, even if you have to make them up to fit your agenda. ::)

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I wondered how you know everythingIce :eek: and although I agree with a lot of your posts and obviously you have done a lot of research and are knowledgeable. We don't want the removals and there are many problems with the way they are doing things, some on this forem are getting tired of your constant ranting which can do more harm than good.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
captain shuyak said:
I wondered how you know everything :eek: and although I agree with a lot of your posts and of course we don't want the removals and there are many problems with the way they are doing it, a lot of people on this forem are get tired of the constant ranting which can do more harm than good.
I assume that is directed at Ice.

Nope. We don't want the removals, but if you're going to be out front in the opposition, you can't be just making things up. If you claim actual knowledge, then you'd better have some.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts