Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fatties are basically knock off Senko's made by Lockett Lures...

http://www.lockettluresoutlet.com/fattiessenkos.html

I found them on FB a while back..... I finally decided to make an order to see how they work...

I picked up:
25 Assorted pack of 4"ers($5.99)
25 Assorted pack of 3"ers($4.99)

They have not arrived, but once they do i will make an initial review.. then I will get out and use them and then review again.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a bunch of Senko knockoffs now. They all work...if you like that kind of fishing...
I have tried some other ones.. Dont remember the brand.. but they werent even close to as soft as a Senko.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I have tried some other ones.. Dont remember the brand.. but they werent even close to as soft as a Senko.
Senkos are definitely the softest you're going to find, but I don't know how much that matters. I've used a few different brands, all produce about the same to me. Seems like the Yum Dingers work well, and last a bit longer than Senkos.

I actually dislike Senko fishing. So damn slow, and if you're a hack like me, you may not feel the take until they've swallowed it deep....

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
The magic with the real Senkos is their density, (which translates to sink rate). Seems like that makes a difference some days.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The magic with the real Senkos is their density, (which translates to sink rate). Seems like that makes a difference some days.
Also they seem to have a certain wiggle to them when falling that i think is key.(Esp. when wacky rigged.)

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I had some custom poured for me and on the 3rd batch he got the density as close as I have found. It is all about that wiggle when they fall. I have come to like the maniac baits as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Jeff Kreit ones (big bite baits) produced pretty well for me. Probably just in my head but the originals just seem to work the best,... just like everything, Kasty's lil cleo's, Sweet Beavers, etc.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Love em. X2 on the yum dingers. No problems feeling the bite. Fish em on the vampire shift all the time. Just control your slack.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I won a photo contest on their (Lockette Lures) Facebook page. They sent me a ton of baits, including fatties. We've been killing the Bass on their "Fat Mamas" & "Twin Tails". Haven't tried any of the others they've sent yet, but very impressed with their plastics!

On another note, I like Wave Worms even better than Senkos. Although there are a couple of Yamamoto baits I swear by...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I won a photo contest on their (Lockette Lures) Facebook page. They sent me a ton of baits, including fatties. We've been killing the Bass on their "Fat Mamas" & "Twin Tails". Haven't tried any of the others they've sent yet, but very impressed with their plastics!

On another note, I like Wave Worms even better than Senkos. Although there are a couple of Yamamoto baits I swear by...
Are those the Tiki ones James? Caught plenty of fish on those. used to c-rig the big giant ones,... like pulling a big turd around behind your boat.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Are those the Tiki ones James? Caught plenty of fish on those. used to c-rig the big giant ones,... like pulling a big turd around behind your boat.

Yeah, they used to carry the Tiki Sticks at Sportsman's. Wish they still did...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well... Got my order yesterday... They look good and feel soft!! 1 difference between these and Senko's that i noticed right away.. There is a little slit on the side of these to help conceal the hook tip.

I ordered (2) 25 packs of assorted colors 3" and 4"... If they catch fish I'll be ordering plenty more.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I use different brands and they all seem to work fine. Don't use real senkos if you are around smaller fish....I.E at pueblo on the dam with a bunch of small SMB. They will tear through those soft ass senkos quicklike.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
If I were tourney fishing I suppose I would spend the cash for the real deal... but the cheapos always work fine and last longer... fall rate between Yum and the OG were identical when I tested... only tested once in like 65 degree water.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts