Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at ML casting rods for smallies. Does anyone use Falcons? Opinions?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I used a Falcon Coastal medium Gulf Caster and loved it.  I used it mainly for throwing live bait over snook in florida and reds in the carolinas, and sometimes a popper cork for specks or fishing under docks for mango snappers in florida.  it is a long rod (8 ft) and a single piece, but i was very impressed with it.  now its been semi-retired into a catfish rod, but it still one of my favorite spinning rods and has caught be more types of fish than i can remember.  they have long cork handles (which i like, it gives me something to put under my arm when working bigger fish...not to mention keeps your reel out of the sand and water if you are propping your rod up)  The Wadefisher series is also worth looking at.

Over all i was impressed with the other Falcon rods ive seen...they use Fuji guides and the craftsmanship is good.  I think they are more popular with the east coast saltwater crew, but if i recall are becoming more popular with the walleye guys nowdays.  i think BassPro deals in Falcon, give them a look if you are wanting to buy one...i havnt seen any other place local that might carry them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use a Falcon EC-76-HT for flippin'. Great Rod and money well spent!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
McFish--BTW---Another rod you might want to look into for your specific fishing application is the St Croix Avid medium power or the Kistler Magnesium TS--MGCBCGGM66--this rod is awesome!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts