Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am turning 40 and thought I would like to spend a few days at Big Creek Lakes. Upon looking at google Earth I am thinking twice. It has been 15 years since I have been up there. I remember thick woods right up to the shore. The fishing was really good then. Not a lot of people.

It looks like they have taken a lot of trees out due to beetle kill. No shade is no good at that elevation in July. Also, there are now reservations and they are almost all booked all summer - is that place a zoo now? Is the fishing any good?

What do you guys think? Should I go somewhere else? PM's are cool for better spots in July time frame, I wont put anything on blast and I wont trash the place - I am a Colorado born individual who does my part to pick up etc.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You mean up in northpark? The one that was closed most of last summer due to the fire? Might not be real crowded this summer..

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would go. The lakes were closed all summer last year due to the fire and had zero fishing pressure. Who cares if there are no trees, the fish should be hungry and dumb!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Got to have a boat. Could be good. Everything burned up so not great place to camp. Was up there in October

1 - 7 of 7 Posts