Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm at my buddies campsite at twin creeks up colombine bay and he starts target shooting his 22, well my dog disappears and 2 hours later dark and stormy weather I'm a little worried, so my buddy decides to call and report the missing dog,and he had just been picked up at the sunset boat ramp soaking wet cold and tired, over a 2 mile swim at 57 degrees. This is the same dog that I got a call from an ice fisherman last year that he came and visited them and came back later and brought them a still alive lake trout.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1/2 lab 1/2 blue heeler, smartest dog I have had and just got him by accident 9 years ago when he was homeless and my son talked me into keeping him.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hilarious...that was me that he brought the lake trout to. He stole it from another group that was a few hundred yards away and deposited it right next to my hole....fish was still alive. He then proceeded to eat my pile of sucker meat, but it didn't matter because we were about to leave. He visited all 4 of the different groups out there, but finally decided to hang with us....that's one tough dawg

·
Registered
573 Posts
He brought a laker home? That might have been my fault. I actually rewarded him with beef jerky... also I didn't know long he'd been out on the ice or why he was out there or where he was from. I was also a little concerned about looking at the name on his collar cause he is a big SOB and I bet he can do some damage...but he was was friendly & I knew everything was cool once I spoke with you. It was a low visibility afternoon and he just kinda popped in out of the fog and gave me a live fish, and I taught him that he could trade fish for jerky....smart dog...I'll bet he's waitin' for ice season :D

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TheAngryAngler said:
He brought a laker home? That might have been my fault. I actually rewarded him with beef jerky... also I didn't know long he'd been out on the ice or why he was out there or where he was from. I was also a little concerned about looking at the name on his collar cause he is a big SOB and I bet he can do some damage...but he was was friendly & I knew everything was cool once I spoke with you. It was a low visibility afternoon and he just kinda popped in out of the fog and gave me a live fish, and I taught him that he could trade fish for jerky....smart dog...I'll bet he's waitin' for ice season :D
Yep, he brought one home. I guess I need to teach him to bring it to the door next time so the birds don't get it, in case I get to lazy to go fishing. ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
redleader said:
trading lake trout for sucker meat? maybe he knows something we don't want to, the next day he brought one home and left it for the birds.
One smart dog...even a dog wont eat laker and trades it for sucker meat...knows it is inedible...unless you add 63,000 ingredients to mask it...thanks Fido...Steve I would hang on to that pooch!!!...

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TheAngryAngler said:
He brought a laker home? That might have been my fault. I actually rewarded him with beef jerky... It was a low visibility afternoon and he just kinda popped in out of the fog and gave me a live fish, and I taught him that he could trade fish for jerky....smart dog...I'll bet he's waitin' for ice season :
and the real story comes out One smart dog...even a dog wont eat laker and trades it for sucker meat...knows it is inedible...unless you add 63,000 ingredients to mask it...thanks Fido...Steve I would hang on to that pooch!!!...
[/quote] ok, I guess we need to grill some fresh lake trout for you non believers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts