Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then a dog comes up on this forum that has to be given up. It always broke my heart that I couldn't take one of them.

I just got permission from my landlord that I can have a dog now. So, i'm looking around. I found a German Shorthair in a shelter, but I just missed getting him.

So, if anybody knows of a good dog available i'll give it a great home with plenty of outdoor activity. It will always be with me, and it will stay inside. So, a dog that's been inside is what i'm looking for. Some sort of sporting dog is preferred.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Good luck findin a pooch, Pete. Both my dogs would love to live where you live. Whatever dog you get is gonna be a happy one!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ark Valley Humane society always has some dogs. I just adopted another one from there this summer. $75 bucks to adopt and you get a vet visit and some other things for that price. Also There ha been alot of dogs in the Mountain mail for givaway lately. Good luck finding a fishing buddy.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorelips said:
Ark Valley Humane society always has some dogs. I just adopted another one from there this summer. $75 bucks to adopt and you get a vet visit and some other things for that price. Also There ha been alot of dogs in the Mountain mail for givaway lately. Good luck finding a fishing buddy.
I'm a volunteer there. I take dogs for walks and play with them. That's where I was going to get the German Short Hair. His name was Cowboy and a real goof ball. His owner had given him up and before I could get him she decided to take him back.

Most of the dogs are strays there, and i'd like to know the background of the dog. A dog is part of the family for a long time. I don't want to make a mistake and get the wrong one. I don't give up a dog once I get one, and it will be my last one at my age. I'd like it to be a good match.

Thanks for the PM's I got. I'll look into them.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
If you want to adopt a dog but also want to know something about their background you ought to check out a rescue. If your looking for a GSP, I know there is a rescue here in town.

I've een involved with the Mile High Weimaraner Club for several years. Rescues are great organizations, and there are a ton of dogs in need right now.

Here is the local Weim site.

http://www.mhwc.org/rescue/index.shtml

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Leadville Animal Shelter has a Pit Bull pup. I took her. My last three dogs were Pits and I love the breed. They have to keep her a few more weeks until she's old enough to be spayed.

She's all black with a white chest. So, I called her Pepper.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You also might want to try the new Foothills Animal Center located at the Jeffco Fairgrounds site at 6th Ave and Indiana. It replaces the old Table MT Animal Center that used to be where Cabela's is supposedly going to put a store, someday, maybe. Good Luck, sounds like you'll give him or her a great home.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm bummed. The owner showed up at the shelter today claiming the pup was stolen.

I lost her. :(

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Hang in there Pete, there will be another, the one that is meant to be for you will show up!

Good luck!!...

·
Registered
484 Posts
You sure are right about that. If you like pointers you should talk with Kris who runs the rescue in penrose. Nice lady but will run you through the ringer to make sure you are a good match. Good thing too. I'm sure you would find a perfect match.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah. If you check my first post I mentioned a sporting dog.

I went with the Pit Bull, because I love the breed and she needed a home.

I was really looking for some kind of sporting dog. I love them too. I looked at the German Shorthair Rescue site, but they want $350 for the dogs. A little pricey for me.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Try Pet Harbor. Its a search for a ton of shelters, anyway, Adams County has a 6 month old pit pup.
This DOG - ID#A073357

I am described as a female, brown brindle and white Pit Bull Terrier.

The shelter thinks I am about 6 months old.

I am available for adoption with an approved application only.
Please contact the shelter if you are interested in adopting me.

This information is 6 hours old.

http://www.petharbor.com/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts