Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 85 dolphin camper and wanted to take a road trip......didn't know how she'd hold up but wanted to explore more of this beautiful state...... my first stop was the frying pan (the roaring fork was blown out and muddy)......... fished the tailwater of ruedi reservoir and like any tailwater there were lots of people and picky fish......... got a couple browns on pmd's but nothing spectacular......I then took independence pass towards Buena vista...... I've heard about twin lakes before but have never seen it in person....... didn't stop to fish it but looks like a tough place...... would love to hear your experiences on that body of water?...... I would then humor the idea of Taylor reservoir and mirror lake but decided to head up towards fairplay and ultimately tarryall......tarryall is awesome but had a slow day.......went down to eleven mile and caught some bows....... again nothing spectacular...... hit up deckers on my way back to Denver and in all it was nice to get away....... no fish pics because I didn't catch anything truly magnificent but happy that the camper held up :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I've got an 85 dolphin camper and wanted to take a road trip......didn't know how she'd hold up but wanted to explore more of this beautiful state...... my first stop was the frying pan (the roaring fork was blown out and muddy)......... fished the tailwater of ruedi reservoir and like any tailwater there were lots of people and picky fish......... got a couple browns on pmd's but nothing spectacular......I then took independence pass towards Buena vista...... I've heard about twin lakes before but have never seen it in person....... didn't stop to fish it but looks like a tough place...... would love to hear your experiences on that body of water?...... I would then humor the idea of Taylor reservoir and mirror lake but decided to head up towards fairplay and ultimately tarryall......tarryall is awesome but had a slow day.......went down to eleven mile and caught some bows....... again nothing spectacular...... hit up deckers on my way back to Denver and in all it was nice to get away....... no fish pics because I didn't catch anything truly magnificent but happy that the camper held up :)
No pics cuz you didn't get anything magnificent? Might as well delete all the pics you've ever posted haha. :whip:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whompuscat651615794 said:
No pics cuz you didn't get anything magnificent? Might as well delete all the pics you've ever posted haha. :whip:
Whomp's our fishing extraordinaire :D With over 1,000 posts he's well on on his way to becoming top dog on this forum....... we count on him for some solid input lol...... whomps bored....... go fishing mang!

I mentioned twin lakes and would love to hear some fish stories! If my memory serves me right someone told me there are mackinaw in there!? Either way a beautiful spot and hope to go back someday!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've never fished Twin Lakes, but I have fished Mt Elbert Forebay. It's right across the road and up the hill.Neat little lake, but the water line tends to creep away from you. The let water out of it into Twin to generate electricity. I've always done pretty well up there from the banks but it's mostly little stockers. Fairly good place to take kids. And I've seen pictures of some nice lakers from there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The mighty dolphin! 22r-e Toyota power? Glad you made it. On a trip like that, fish it all. You and whomp need to put on the gloves?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You picked Tarryall instead of Taylor. Bad choice.
Fordo.......the backside of cottonwood pass was nothing but washboards last time I drove it.....more wear and tear than I wanted to put on the old dolphin.......your right though taylor reservoir it's worth the drive and I should have fished it..........I hear mack's reside there and would love to hook into one!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Fordo.......the backside of cottonwood pass was nothing but washboards last time I drove it.....more wear and tear than I wanted to put on the old dolphin.......your right though taylor reservoir it's worth the drive and I should have fished it..........I hear mack's reside there and would love to hook into one!
maybe next time you can take monarch around. She is one of my favorites but can be a brutal ***** at times.

Years ago, they had plans to pave it but it never happened which is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Remember that time you claimed you had tons of large lake trout pics "where that came from" and you got immediately disproven because whomp had already posted the pic of you and your first big lake trout :D :D :D At least you stuck around after that, I'll give you that

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Remember that time you claimed you had tons of large lake trout pics "where that came from" and you got immediately disproven because whomp had already posted the pic of you and your first big lake trout :D :D :D At least you stuck around after that, I'll give you that
bobys.......quote me then lol....... that's how it works on this forum :D Sorry I personally offended you talking about whomp lol..... you responding to this thread mang? You and whomp need to go fishing

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
bobys.......quote me then lol....... that's how it works on this forum :D Sorry I personally offended you talking about whomp lol..... you responding to this thread mang? You and whomp need to go fishing
Not worth going back to find the thread, we know it exists. I more responded because of your reference of magnificent fish not being caught so no pics. So I was trying to think of any magnificent fish you've posted and the big laker came to mind, as did the story behind it. Going fishing isn't my problem, its more so the act of actually catching fish :cool:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not worth going back to find the thread, we know it exists. I more responded because of your reference of magnificent fish not being caught so no pics. So I was trying to think of any magnificent fish you've posted and the big laker came to mind, as did the story behind it. Going fishing isn't my problem, its more so the act of actually catching fish :cool:
bobys...... your a good dude in my book, just given you a hard time...... go catch a beast! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts