Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to start a fishing class for high school special needs students. Old rods and reels would be greatly appreciated. We are almost there with gear. Thanks to everyone. For those who can volunteer their time, our trips are going to start hopefully in 2 weeks. We will be going every other Thursday for now from around 9:30 to 11:30 or so. The lake is close to Belleview and Broadway (Denver Metro). I am planning a big trip before the end of school, maybe Evergreen. Thanks again for all the responses and donations.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Donations?

It will have to be local ponds and lakes since we will RTDing it. Looking for 6 combos, closed-faced, nothing fancy. Will keep updated as far as quantity received. Took the kids out two years ago with equipment we borrowed, they had a blast, and so did I.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

It's not about the brand for these kids, just basic fishing. They were excited with the loot I brought in today, but it's going to take some maintenance to get the reels in shape. I just want to say a big thanks to all who have offered, you won't know what it means to them until you see the pictures.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts

fishnbuddy said:
It's not about the brand for these kids, just basic fishing. They were excited with the loot I brought in today, but it's going to take some maintenance to get the reels in shape. I just want to say a big thanks to all who have offered, you won't know what it means to them until you see the pictures.
If you come up short...don't look like that's gonna happen tho, I'd be glad to help.

Mark

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

cant donate gear but i can donate time. let me know. i work from 3pm till midnight so it would give me all day before hand to help. im very interested!

·
Registered
444 Posts

please PM me your address. im active duty military and we can arrange something when i get back from the middle east. ill be sending it from my home post in Utah. if this is something that picks up i would also be willing to donate some time, ill take leave and drive out there, donate some time, and then go fishing on my own. any preference of rods/reels? spinning? casting? any preference on tackle and clothing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks again for all the interest and gear I have gotten for my project. These kids are more capable than most people give them credit for. All it takes is patience and modification. Thanks to your generosity, they will have the opportunity to experience what most people don't take the time to. Still could use some closed faced reels, or even cane poles. Hoping to start the middle of March, so I will be in touch with those who volunteered their time. I will take you up on the help. It has been great meeting the members that I have so far.

·
Registered
246 Posts

If you still need stuff for the kids let me know. I might be able to get BPS to donate some poles and gear. Give me a call!

Joe Lavery
Youth Director Denver Jr Bassmasters
720-366-8517

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are almost there with gear. Thanks to everyone. For those who can volunteer their time, our trips are going to start hopefully in 2 weeks. We will be going every other Thursday for now from around 9:30 to 11:30 or so. The lake is close to Belleview and Broadway (Denver Metro). I am planning a big trip before the end of school, maybe Evergreen. Thanks again for all the responses and donations.

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
fishnbuddy, I also collect used gear and donate it to the kids at Camp Make a Dream up in Montana! I just checked through my donations and I have 5 closed face combos in working order, just need cleaned up and new line put on...they are yours for your cause if you still need them. Also I will donate enough baitholder hooks to keep you going for a while! Just PM me with info on how to contact you to get them to you!!! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts