Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ice fishing season is over for me. Found bluegills hitting dries today. Here's the species list for this past season:

LMB - PB through the ice at 17.5"
Bluegill
Pumpkinseed - 1st through the ice
Red Ear - 1st ever and 1st through the ice
Red Ear x Bluegill Hybrid
Green Sunfish x Bluegill Hybrid
Channel Cat - 1st through the ice
Black Crappie
White Crappie
Golden Shiner - 1st through the ice
Yellow Perch
Grayling
Rainbow
Cutbow
Brown Trout
Brook Trout
Golden Trout - 1st ever and 1st through the ice

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice list Shaun! Looks like a great season for you. I'm getting the open water itch bad, too. ;)

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
y'all are a bunch of sissies. ice season is alive and well.. and is going to get better as the spring wears on. I feel ya on open water though, I'll be checking out crappies and maybe trying a walleye spot during a few free afternoons.

you'll still catch me on turquoise in may though.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice to have options - metro open water or mountain ice. Plan on taking advantage of both for the next month or so.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Did I just get the hyphen at the end of your sentence? It's on mothereffer.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Go to granby instead dude.

I've been craving fat cats...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Blue sky spring ice fishing. Open water can wait, you guys don't know what your missing. stay on those crowded metro lakes, I like having the lake to myself on beautiful spring days.

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
Blue sky spring ice fishing. Open water can wait, you guys don't know what your missing. stay on those crowded metro lakes, I like having the lake to myself on beautiful spring days.
It kinda helps when you live 150ft from the lake-:eek:

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
This.

Best day of fishing ever was fishing on top of Williams fork in mid April with 65 degree temps and 3 feet of Ice. Makes for easy drilling and dragging.

I'd much rather do that than get up at 10 pm and fish some metro area's reservoir's dam face and trip over rocks all night chasing a fish that's smarter than most people I know, (much respect to the walleye guys who put their time in).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts