Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angler’s Choice Western Rookie League tournament, 20 year old Kyle Gentry of Oakdale caught the fish of a lifetime – an 18.11 pound largemouth. There have been very few fish of this size caught in the world, and this may be the biggest bass ever weighed in during a tournament. The fish had a 28 inch girth and was 30 inches long.

[/URL]
[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/hogmaster_G/Choke%20Canyon%20Trip%202010/?action=view&current=KyleGentry-1811lbs.jpg][IMG][/URL]

Man what a Kicker!! Way to Go Kid!!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
yes, that is the largest tourny bass ever. uuhhmm, yeah. Colorado has a lot going for it, but bass like that is not one of those things. I am pretty damn happy with a five...

Shaun

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
swimbait said:
yes, that is the largest tourny bass ever. uuhhmm, yeah. Colorado has a lot going for it, but bass like that is not one of those things. I am pretty damn happy with a five...

Shaun
Almost the Largest tourny bass every, Lake Fork had a 19lber. So it would be 2nd.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hogmaster,

Isn't the Texas state record 18.18 pounds caught by Barry Sinclair back in 1992 on Lake Fork? If someone caught a 19 pounder in a tournement on Fork, that would be the next state record.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Remax - Texas only recently created catch and release records - if the 19 pounder was caught in a tourney it was in all likelihood released. If the tourney was any more than 5 or so years ago, there would have been no record category for it.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Remax Joe said:
Hogmaster,

Isn't the Texas state record 18.18 pounds caught by Barry Sinclair back in 1992 on Lake Fork? If someone caught a 19 pounder in a tournement on Fork, that would be the next state record.
discount fishing said:
Remax - Texas only recently created catch and release records - if the 19 pounder was caught in a tourney it was in all likelihood released. If the tourney was any more than 5 or so years ago, there would have been no record category for it.

My buddy that lives and fishes Tournements in TX thought it was like Discount said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts