Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing one of my backyard public fishing spots when I saw this guy pull in, un-pack his gear w/family and friends in tow and hit the water.

I guess rules only apply to some of us. They were fishing West Lake (Prospect Park-Wheatridge) with bait (its artificial fly lure only, kept an undersized fish (13-inches when the limit is 15 and above) and parked as close as they could get to the water without running over stuff.

I asked 20 people to use their cell phone (I forget to pack this thing at the worst possible times it seems) to call Wheatridge Parks and Rec. but got no help. Because I did not report this entire fiasco, I feel nearly as much to blame. I weighed my options in regards to "discussing" the issue but after some of the other near scuffles out at Ward Pond...I moved on to other water.

Please, folks...take a second to know and obey the rules. They are there for all of us. Some may think I am being a jerk for posting this thread...but wow...all they needed was an unleashed dog and they would have had all the violations pretty much covered.

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks folks. I really was hesitant on posting this thread. It was just so obvious that this person did not care about any established rules. My intent is to generate more awareness and help turn the tide against the few folks who try and ruin it for everyone else.

and I truly believe that is the case. So many of us are following the rules whether we agree with them or not. The one or two folks who disregard or feel they are above the rules take a serious chunk out of the "quality" of our public waters.

Thanks again for putting up with this rant and now let's go fish!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.