Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stole that title from Mike Iaconelli book "Fishing on the Edge." After 3 straight skunks at the mile, I went back for more this afternoon. Was suppossed to go to Green Mt. Res. this morning with Grumpie Gills, 73Fisherman, and crew but the snow stopped us again. They went up to Gross and got lakers. I slept in after the Jeff Dunham show last night at the World Arena and did house work today. Stopped at the Elevenmile General store on the way out and bought a few jigs. Talked to Jim who gave me some good fishing info. Thanks, Jim. Fished between 3:15-6:15pm. Had 6 hits while jigging. Tried Kasty, pink tubejig, Slugbug, and Scudbug. Even tried sucker meat for a while for pike, no takers. Was in 13 feet of water at Stoll Mt. area. Only marked a few fish. Water temp. was 36 degrees. Just as the sun was going down I killed the skunk with a 12 inch cutthroat. :eek: Let him go. Had six holes drilled in a big circle shape. Would keep switching holes every couple minutes with the jigging rod. Left the deadstick in the same hole.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Wait to stick with it...11 mile is one fickle little wench...Cherry Creeks more beautiful sister...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
There are days when I would wish for a six inch trout (or anything that swims) to bite, just to avoid the skunk. Cool concept to drill holes in a circles. I usually drill mine in a square pattern. I guess you are better than me at thinking outside the box (square).

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apply the same concept to fishing that I do hunting. You ain't goona get anything in the tent, sitting there b*tching about it. I got some lake trout *ss to kick next.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
I stole that title from Mike Iaconelli book "Fishing on the Edge." After 3 straight skunks at the mile, I went back for more this afternoon. Was suppossed to go to Green Mt. Res. this morning with Grumpie Gills, 73Fisherman, and crew but the snow stopped us again. They went up to Gross and got lakers. I slept in after the Jeff Dunham show last night at the World Arena and did house work today. Stopped at the Elevenmile General store on the way out and bought a few jigs. Talked to Jim who gave me some good fishing info. Thanks, Jim. Fished between 3:15-6:15pm. Had 6 hits while jigging. Tried Kasty, pink tubejig, Slugbug, and Scudbug. Even tried sucker meat for a while for pike, no takers. Was in 13 feet of water at Stoll Mt. area. Only marked a few fish. Water temp. was 36 degrees. Just as the sun was going down I killed the skunk with a 12 inch cutthroat. :eek: Let him go. Had six holes drilled in a big circle shape. Would keep switching holes every couple minutes with the jigging rod. Left the deadstick in the same hole.
Sorry I didn't make it on Thursday, maybe some some other time. I love my some ice trolling.....I'll drill holes and fish them for a minute or two each and move to the next...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts