Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I designed this fly for the Ark above Canon City when it is flowing fast. Two tugsten beads, lead underneath. This fly is designed to sink like a rock and have some movement. I posted this because of Theo's post about the Rubbermaid Stone... I love that tie, and wanted to show what the front antennea would look like.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
That looks really nice. (I'm a big fan of antennae on stones - they're huge in real life too!)

The abdomen is gorgeous - segmentation is really nice. Are you posting a recipe for this one?

I like the 'drops like a rock' idea. Absolutely perfect for fast water. Great design.

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Nice DB Stoner you tied there buddy, should kick butt up there. I think I have a pattern for a DB Stoner that kicked some serious arse on the Ark if I recall.....

BHR

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PescadoDiablo4 said:
I like! Maybe fold the wingpads instead of cutting em?
I like that idea Theo. When you fold them, do you crease the thin skin or just leave it looped? I think that would make the top of the fly have a better profile... I will try it next time.

And I will try and get a tutorial on this one up... it is a slow tie, but I like the results...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts