Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a drive this morning...wanted to see how much water was around...went by Lonetree...only about 8 linear feet of boat ramp left...Lon Hagler and Boedecker were as full as I have ever seen them...went by Boyd...same thing water up on the bike path in some areas...on to Douglas...had never been there before...when coming in there and the road forks...take the one to the left and go around the west side of the lake...the other road doesnt go all the way to the dam...there is a chain across it limiting access...there is at the west one too but you can get much closer...it is also where the boat ramp is...on first inspection...many trees and vegetation are in the lake...it is way up...the dam is steep...reminds me of North Sterling...about 6 parties fishing it...one of them had about a 13 inch rainbow...we tried it from about 4:30 until 6:45 and nothing...not surprised with the cold front that just went through...wind out of the northeast at about 10 mph...lake was a little murky but not too bad...looks like an interesting puzzle...I am going back on Sunday and giving it a real effort...going to stop in Berthoud for some large shiners which they do have...I dont know if one day of sunshine will get them active...but it is worth a shot...also the main sign lists fish species...it lists trout, wipers, walleye and something else (crap it is hell getting old)...perch, largemouths, crappies were listed in the second grouping...it looked like the first group were the primary species...I didnt think there were walleyes in there...I feel like I am going to get my hat handed to me there tomorrow...hopefully they get over the cold front in a hurry...only saw that one rainbow today...had a couple of trout in front of me come up and pick off something emerging...oh well we will throw the tacklebox at them on Sunday...

Oh and kudos to the nimrod (extreme sarcasm) if you are reading this who decided to rip around the backside at full throttle...the lake is wakeless...posted all over the place...thats one good way to get it taken away and closed...

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Good luck.. Tell me something good afterwards.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1EyeRed...I sure hope to...there is a lot of stuff in there as far as obstructions...I may have to move up to 6 pound line or ugh 8 pound line (heresy!)...oh and the geezer remembered the  other species listed in the first group was channel catfish...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts