Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI:
In today's (6/29) Rocky Mountain News, the DOW says that Chatfield Reservoir was stocked last week.
The wife and I will be there early this coming Saturday morning.........we will see what happens.
However, they do not say what they stocked it with.
Cody

·
Registered
90 Posts
cowboyfisherman said:
However, they do not say what they stocked it with.
If I had to guess, I'd say they probably stocked it with jetskis.

Seriously, good luck! I can't wait to read your report!

Take care,
JOE

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I asked a guy from the DOW once about the stocking report. He told me its generally just trout stocking that is listed on the stocking report. Usually they are catchable size 8-12 inches.

The reason they only report catchable trout is so people can go and catch them right away. (put and take fishing)

Dan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yea trout is all they seem to list i have found a few references to muskie stockings but not much
it sure would be nice if they made available the warm water stocking even if it was just a yearly tally like how many of each species went into the different lake just a simple lake by lake break down

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's what I was saying RoadKill. It would help to let us know what species are stocked when, where, and how many even if they are just fingerlings. At least we would know that DOW is doing there job other than stocking trout. Anyways, the stocking report only shows catchable rainbows (stockers) like Dan said.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i agree, i sent an email to DOW asking that and a few other ? but its been 2 weeks no response not even an acknowledgement

E

·
0 Posts
roadkill said:
i agree, i sent an email to DOW asking that and a few other ? but its been 2 weeks no response not even an acknowledgement
Copy Governor Owens on the email and they will respond withing the day. I had to do that once to get an answer about why they didn't change the size limit at Pueblo to a slot limit.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
wraithR1 said:
If I had to guess, I'd say they probably stocked it with jetskis. 
Thats frek'in great man!! LoL :) :)

My guess is cause nothing but trout makes them money. Most familys go to fish for trout. Its Mostly hardcore fisherman/woman that target the other fish we have here. Like everything these days its come down to money and who can make the most of it!!!

IMO

-Jay

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
EricCO said:
roadkill said:
Copy Governor Owens on the email and they will respond withing the day. I had to do that once to get an answer about why they didn't change the size limit at Pueblo to a slot limit.

thats a great idea, thanks you got the Gov's email address handy save me looking it up

thanks again

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
no prob i'll find it

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hey thanks

i wonder if we could get a topic going with all the pertinent email addys like dow and other government types would make it easyer for the members to fire off an email when something comes up in discussion

just a thought

1 - 13 of 13 Posts