Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry but it seems like the reports that the DOW puts out aren't accurate most of the time. I just read the one for the week of April 24 and it said that Chatfield is fishing well but all I've read on this website is that fishing has been pretty tough. I know there are a few that are catching some fish but the report seems a little off. I haven't fished Chatfield myself yet this year so I can't say from personal expirence. Does anyone else feel that the reports aren't very accurate. ???

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
This topic has been discussed a couple times on the forum, Basically the DOW reports should be taken with a grain of salt. Dont go to a lake specifically based on a DOW report and excpect to catch a ton of fish. Use techniques they discuss but have backups just incase.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think they might be trying to manipulate the general population into mass confussion to drive us to fish in selected locations stealing our prized fishing secrets to better there personal needs

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wonder if they get a report from just one person and then print it. There has been too many times that I have fished a lake and then read the DOW report to find it completely different than what I found at that lake.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
For many of the waters I fish the DOW reports are a joke. Usually behind current conditions by 3-4 wks. I only read them out of curiosity.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The DOW collects data through wardens and rangers and then processes the data before posting it on the website. They post new reports every week but by the time you read them towards the end of the week, the report could be almost 2 weeks old. This time of year weather, cold fronts, and water temps are fluctuating wildly and this can affect fishing day to day or hour to hour, not to mention week to week. Use the DOW reports as a rough guide as what was happening at a particular point in time instead of the infallable truth.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I have seen the DOW post the same exact report for a lake for 4-6 wks at a time. My theory is, they are too lazy to get more current info.

F

·
0 Posts
I looked at the report last night and it had the same info it did 3 weeks ago for most waters. I hit the "Contact" button to offer my views on their report but quickly decided against it. Look at it some time- all personal information is "Required" up to and including your conservation number. Wonder what data base that info goes into? I know they already have the number- just a bit of paranoia I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts