Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,952 Posts
I hate that. I really doubt they'll restock it with warmwater fish, regardless of what it says. Who knows though, hope they prove me wrong.
I really don't like that because with the new limit it was really coming on as a bass fishery the last year or so. Just started seeing several 4 lbers. coming out of there and now it is a waste. Too bad they couldn't carry the fish 100 yards up to juniata :p

· Registered
2,952 Posts
ePiC said:
TFB, they probably will move the fish to juniata.... Even after the fish salvage they had here in the Springs on prospect lake, they still had to relocate a ton of fish to both quail lake and pikeview.
No, they won't move them to juniata because of frankland (sp). He would be worried about the fish introducing a foreign contaminate to juniata.

"To prevent water contamination, no boats are allowed on the reservoir. The boat restriction prevents contamination from both engine fluids and aquatic hitchhikers (invasive species transported from other bodies of water). "

That ridiculous statement is from him or one of the other water guys, I am 100% sure. (must've given it to DOW). The largemouth bass would be under aquatic hitchhikers. I always think statements like this from him are ludicrous because the basin they get it from is full of cows who obviously do their business in kannah creek and other inlets of this lake, also waterfowl like ducks visit this lake in great numbers during the fowl, and they sure aren't clean and they are from various places. Is juniata contaminated? Is purdy mesa contaminated? No. Because of who is in charge I would be surprised if they actually moved the fish to juniata

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.