Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like this page for instance, Tips For Fishing With Kids. It reads as follows:

# Life jacket(s). Normally thought of as a boating-safety item, a life jacket is a must for a youngster fishing near water of any kind.
# Sunscreen. Good sense to use to help avoid the long-term consequences of sunburn. Besides, a sunburn can spoil a day more quickly than just about anything!
# Insect repellant. When it's not just the fish that are biting...
# Sunglasses. Sun glare from the water is painful and can be dangerous. Sunglasses also offer some protection from errant casts and hooks.
# Refreshments. Snacks and drinks.
# Ice, ice chest or cooler. For sodas, and to keep the worms alive! Use the empty cooler to chill and transport your catch after a successful day.
# Cap or visor. Like sunscreen and sunglasses, a cap or visor offers important UV protection.
# First aid kit.
# Fishing bait and tackle. It's an obvious "tip", but kids will have a much better time if their equipment is sized for them. And—when teaching a youngster to fish, it is best to leave your own equipment at home. Concentrate on the teaching and the child's experience.

Now, let's all study the picture for a second:

Now, let's look at the picture and review some of the tips they provided us with above:
1) Life jackets: Hummm.. sure doesn't seem junior is wearing one to me. Even though they say, "a life jacket is a must for a youngster fishing near water of any kind.", I guess this young lad maybe wasn't woth the expense for a simple photo.

2) Sunglasses: Dad's got em, and you know, isn't that what counts. As junior slowly burns out his retenas dad can watch the ladies with un-squinted eyes.

3) Refreshments and drinks. Hell, I don't see the kid with a slurpie or a cool bottle of water do you?

4) Ice, Ice chest, cooler: Must have forgotten that at home. None in the picture. Dad:'shaddup son, I got some warm gin, want a swig?'

5) Cap or visor: Good job dad, you got yours! Junior can remember next time when he is still peeling the sunbrurned skin from his face.

6) Fishing bait and tackle: bah... shut up junior, at least you have a hook....

Now, I understand what they were saying but I find it hysterical that things they mention above aren't provided for junior in the photo?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
LoL, do what we say not what we do!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
CDOW does not corner the market on hypocrisy. The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources put a picture of an angler with a huge trout caught at Idaho's Henry's Lake on the cover of their fishing regsulation brochure this year. Go figure?

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol.. thats good stuff... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts