Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me lame - but I decided to submit my personal best LMB to the DOW master angler program. I know not everyone respects the program, or takes it seriously (Given that some people fudge numbers, or it promotes the taking of trophy fish).

But anyways, I was proud of that catch - and thought it was a pretty cool patch personally, putting this on my tackle bag for sure!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Weezy,

Ignore the critics and cynics. If it was important to you, there is no reason not to submit for the award. Those who elevate the program above its intended purpose or who cheat on the numbers to get the award to boost their ego have bigger and deeper issues. Besides, who can criticize a C&R? Congrats on your PB.

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Yeppers to each their own...if makes you happy thats all that matters...the hell with everyone else...and besides yours promotes catch and release...it doesnt get any better than that...sometimes I wished I had submitted every 28 inch and better wiper out of Jurassic Pond...then I would have an accurate count and dates...and a better pattern rather than relying on my failing memory...too lazy to do a log...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Nothing wrong with recognition for what you love. I do all the master angler stuff when I get one worthy. It's been a while though! Congrats!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
There's nothing lame about it if it's something that interests you. Good for you for the C&R of a trophy! I'm glad to see you get the recognition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts