Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife purchased her 1st license in 1990. She bought it under her married name at the time. She divorced, remarried, then divorced, and then adopted her married name. We married about two years ago, so now she has taken my name. (By the way, she is a real sweet heart, even though this is marriage no. 3).

She has gotten her name changed for her driver's license, passport and every other important document except one: DOW will not issue her a new fishing license unless she takes all the paperwork showing all the name changes to the main office. Now that is some red tape....

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just took my wife to Wally world and told them she never had a license. They issued one in her new name and all was good. A few years later when we were applying for bighorn sheep tags the DOW told us she has two cc numbers. They just combined all the info under one.

Unless your wife has pref pts for hunting will that work?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no such luck. So we just have to try to get together all of her prior marriage certificates and divorce papers. I just don't understand why DOW won't rely on a driver's license just like the US passport agency does.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I dont see what the big deal is. I never have been asked for my Fishing license and DL. I only carry my fishing one with me.

I think we have deeper trobs w/ the DOW. I heard a nasty rumor from a good source that when you buy a fishing license or pay to get in a state park that MOST of that money is going to fund the TREX project. Not to stocking or things it should be going to.

-Jay

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that's what I thought also. If the rangers never double check it, it's not a big deal. But the red tape guys at DOW made a big deal about how the fishing license has to match the DL.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
I think we have deeper trobs w/ the DOW. I heard a nasty rumor from a good source that when you buy a fishing license or pay to get in a state park that MOST of that money is going to fund the TREX project. -Jay
Seems that is kinda unlikely Jay. Where revenues are used as dictated by state statute. Funding for TREX is a revenue source totally different from license and recreation fees. To shuffle money from one source to another would require an act by the legislature and it would be listed in the state budget.

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
What you are sayin is what SHOULD be done;by law. Doesn't mean thats what IS happening.

Like I said, I got this from a credible source and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were true. I'd like to see where all our money is going?

IMO

-Jay

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
What you are sayin is what SHOULD be done;by law. Doesn't mean thats what IS happening.

Like I said, I got this from a credible source and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were true. I'd like to see where all our money is going?

IMO

-Jay
you are right "should" and "is" are often not the same. If you hear more about this let me know, I would be very interested in it.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts