Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

DOW Zebra inspection in the metro area

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  slimer 
#1 ·
Can't you get your boat inspected M-F at the DOW offices off of I 25 and 58th? Any other locations outside of state parks?

Rob

#5 ·
Slimer said:
Good info guys. Will call around. Wish you could get it done at 24 hour gas stations, even if for a small fee (say $20 for the year, anytime at approved locations...)

Rob
There you go, Rob. Propose making inspections a private business deal, then the state couldn't complain about not having enough people to man all the lakes.

The military does it. They hire private security companies to man the gates now. Don't see how that wouldn't work with boat inspections... ???

#6 ·
Hmmm...that makes me think of another question. Is the DOW and stuff related to city and state parks part of the political system?

Asking because I want to know if we, as citizens can run for office positions, and/or propose law changes?

Can we vote for privatized boat inspections? I think it would work out great, personally.

#7 ·
Dammit Kenny, leave the political bs to the off topic section and out of my thread. :D

Besides. I wouldn't vote for you anyway. :D :D

But seriously, theres gotta be an easier way for them to go about it. Obviously more and more people are boating every year, and they should be open to suggestions.

#8 ·
Slimer said:
Dammit Kenny, leave the political bs to the off topic section and out of my thread. :D

Besides. I wouldn't vote for you anyway. :D :D

But seriously, theres gotta be an easier way for them to go about it. Obviously more and more people are boating every year, and they should be open to suggestions.
Oh, now I'm really gonna bomb your thread!

No one would vote for me, cuz I'd make all fish legal to keep! LOL

OH-OH! Thread bombed! >:D

#9 ·
To answer the questions, YES the DOW main office at 58th & I-25 is open for boat inspection from 10am to 6pm.

Also the CDOW and state parks are different organizations, that have separate but very similiar rules and regs regarding inspections, tags, e.t.c As is city controlled lakes. Different rules, but also many similair rules.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.