Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is late but here you go. Fished dowdy on Monday and did not have as great success as previous trips. Our group of four only landed a handfull of stockers. Fished mostly ratsos with mealies in 5fow. Dowdy claimed more of my gear this trip. You may remember my auger incident. One of the trouties swallowed the jig so I said "throw me the pliars" you know what happend next. PLOP! Thats 2 dowdy you aint gettin anything else. My girlfriend caught her first skunk ever. She handeled it like a classy fisherwoman though and swore revenge at Granby on Sat.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
5 FOW??? You should try to move deeper? I would say 10-20 FOW. I have never fished Dowdy and dont know much about it but trout usually only stay that shallow at early ice and only when they are cruising for food.
Better luck next time.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have fished dowdy deeper but have not had as much success as in the shallows. We actually started in about 15fow and did not get any action untill we moved shallower. Also me ability to estimate distance may be way off so take my guesses with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
How big of a grain of salt? sea salt or table salt? lol...jk

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
There is a channel that runs on the east side of the two islands...lots of good fish lay in there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts