Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to Dowdy today, after I had to straiten out some heads at my wife working place,those Bas....s;but no good deat gets unpuniched,got a speeding ticket for 71 bucks close to Parvin Lake,fishing at Dowdy never less was good,landed four stocker,one nice cut,and one small brown,with in two hrs.all on a jigghead,yellowish,redish,orangish, tiped with half of an nightcrawler in about 25 feet of water two feet or less of the bottom,had my underwater cam. with me finaly got it right,it is nice to see what is going on beneath you,saw some nice fisch swimming around,it is so neat,gives fishing a new meaning overall,when you see how greaceful the move in the water ,makes you appriciate the fish,returned all my fish back into the water.
That wind was blowing some I don't now 25-40 mph. people where running after there buckets,rods,lids,and what else,me too.but it was fun never less.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Elvis, i was up there too. Got there late, @ 11. Had 5 kids with me, man did that wind suck. All in all, the kids had a blast, sliding on the ice. We caught a few fish left @ 1. I really didn't fish, but the kids had fun, so it was a good day. Most fish were caught on a pink ant, tipped with crawler.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JohnnyO19 said:
Elvis, i was up there too. Got there late, @ 11. Had 5 kids with me, man did that wind suck. All in all, the kids had a blast, sliding on the ice. We caught a few fish left @ 1.  I really didn't fish, but the kids had fun, so it was a good day. Most fish were caught on a pink ant, tipped with crawler.
I was [email protected] until 12.40,I saw a punch of kids having fun on the ice.

·
Registered
935 Posts
3109elvis said:
got a speeding ticket for 71 bucks close to Parvin Lake
Elvis, did you see a red Honda Civic pass by slow while you were getting your ticket? That was me and my bud, leaving from a productive afternoon at Parvin. You were probably too busy, frustrated, irritated to notice. At the moment, I was glad that one sherriff that patrols the road up there was already tied up, so I didn't have to look for him on my way down. I see that guy up there a lot, so when you go, watch out.

JohnnyO, you probably passed me on your way down. I arrived at Parvin at about 1:30.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cutthroat said:
3109elvis said:
got a speeding ticket for 71 bucks close to Parvin Lake
Elvis, did you see a red Honda Civic pass by slow while you were getting your ticket?  That was me and my bud, leaving from a productive afternoon at Parvin.  You were probably too busy, frustrated, irritated to notice.  At the moment, I was glad that one sherriff that patrols the road up there was already tied up, so I didn't have to look for him on my way down.  I see that guy up there a lot, so when you go, watch out.

JohnnyO, you probably passed me on your way down.  I arrived at Parvin at about 1:30.   
No I got my ticket at around 9-9.15, he gave me sh.., about my Licensplattes,"ELVIS-I"[email protected],but I do recall seeing a red Honda-Civic on my way home way down the road.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The dep. Sherrif up there usually doesn't hide much. He just drives back and forth. He drives a clearly marked SUV, but it's easy to get carried away with speed on that road, and if you're not careful, he might just be the car behind you.

·
Registered
935 Posts
2" tube jigs with 1/4 oz. heads and 1/4 oz kastmasters work well...  Try jigging at different depths with them.  punctuate lite jigging with occassional larger jigging motions.

Warning:  don't even have bait with you, if you go there.  They'll get you for it, if they check.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cutthroat said:
The dep. Sherrif up there usually doesn't hide much.  He just drives back and forth.  He drives a clearly marked SUV, but it's easy to get carried away with speed on that road, and if you're not careful, he might just be the car behind you.
He came torwards me,turnig around where the Restaurnt is with the small pond on the left hand side going up,and it wasn't a SUV,reg.Copcar.

·
Registered
935 Posts
3109elvis said:
Cutthroat said:
The dep. Sherrif up there usually doesn't hide much.  He just drives back and forth.  He drives a clearly marked SUV, but it's easy to get carried away with speed on that road, and if you're not careful, he might just be the car behind you.
He came torwards me,turnig around where the Restaurnt is with the small pond on the left hand side going up,and it wasn't a SUV,reg.Copcar.
Oh, another copper on the Red Feather Rd.... Not nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts