Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally today I was able to stand on top of the water like a god and laugh at the litttle fish below.....then my auger slipped away.  But I won't talk about that here.

Only fished about three hours, 7:30-10:30.  We had to cut down a christmas tree and make it in to work by 3:00pm. It wasn't to cold but when the wind kicked up it was.  There were a lot of people out today. I even ran into one of our own, Grizz. He seemed to be having some luck. It was my girlfriends first time so she fished the most as I tried to "caddy"  We were using these little green jigs made by custom jigs, tipped with meal worms.  Justa little bit off the bottom and we were getting non stop bites. The problem was so the bites were so light she and even I missed most of them.  So I switched to a little perch colored jigging rapala and she caught 1 brown and 2 bows all were 9"-12".  I was satisfied with the one little bow that graced my presence. All in all it was a great day and for her first time my girlfrien had a blast.  She stayed warm and caught fish.  As for the loss of my auger I wont sully this good report with it's tale. But if you hop over to "colorado fishing" I'll tell you all about it!

·
Registered
935 Posts
then my augder slipped away
Ouch  - if you had a huge treble hook and some heavy line, you could probably have fished it back out- where are those things when you need them? 

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
A. As long as you at least come back with the girlfriend, your still good.
B. You may want to check the regs, that may be chumming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts