Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all hope you had a good New Years.

I was able to get out and Ice fish twice this past weekend. Both days the wind blew around 35 to 45 mph. The fishing was great for the first time icefishing this year. I caught over 75 fish over the two days. I was with my two uncles and my younger cousin. Each one only caught about 4 fish each day ranging from 10 to 17 inches. I tried out my new fishfinder that I bought at bass pro and what a difference it made. I even had them drill holes next to me to catch fish and use that same bait. They were so mad at me and they said that it was my fishfinder that was doing somthing to make the fish bite. If your wanting to go someplace and catch some fish this is a great place to go. Although we missed some big ones at the hole most were of good pan size. Alot of browns were caught. I posted in another area of the website about what I think about the different fishfinders out there. If you don't have one get one it makes a BIG difference. Also I learned that line size make a huge difference too. If they can see it the don't want it. NOw it's time to hit the last where some of you are catching the BIG fish are and see what happens!!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
congrats! Glad to hear you had a great time. Dowdy is a fun lake to fish however if you want to try for some bigger fish hit Lake John, Chambers, Barnes Medows or Granby.
I just bought a Vexilar and luv it cant imagine life without one now lol. Also bought a new gas auger and that really makes the day easy. Good luck to you!

Tight lines and Bent Rods!
Grizz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts